Self Help: 5 ways to wake up motivated

Hey everyone,
Welcome back!

Hope you are all doing well?  I was going to ask a random question? I've been seeing loads of youtube videos on lifestyle and self-love and etc. Would you want to see that kind of content? If so, comment down below or let me know through twitter cause I'd like to know what helps you & what would you like to see. 

Anyways, today its about waking up feeling motivated and I say this for myself, I'm NOT a morning person. Getting up early in the morning for me is a big NO. I've been trying for years to wake up early. Tried techniques of sleeping earlier and waking up 5 mins earlier to setting an alarm to go TO bed but all that never seem to work until FINALLY - I experienced it myself ONE day

So this is what today's post will be about - that ONE MIND BOGGLING DAY!  :D

In order for me to experience waking up feeling motivated , I realized these were the things I did to wake up the next day -ready to go!

1.) Plan the night before what to do tomorrow.

If you're someone who has to plan in order for it to happen, here's to saving all that last minute hassle. Why not try planning 'mentally' the night before?  It takes the stress off the next day and also it lets you overthink less before bed. If you're someone who thinks about EVERYTHING the minute you lie down for bed - this will work for you [trust me! =)]


2.) Make it an early night in .

For me, if I slept early - it meant that I was getting old and my energy levels aren't that good as they were before when I was young and I felt weak, but actually I realized the benefits of sleeping early. The theory of sleeping early & waking up early actually allows you to be more focused throughout the day & actually achieve more in 1 day so it's time to look at the clock differently and its time to make bedtime serene and peaceful as possible.

3.)Set up a great morning routine.

This goes without saying but most of us fail before even STARTING that routine, this is why you should expect a few rough mornings for the first week or so but do keep going with it. The more you do, the more your body clock shifts & change its patterns. On top of that, by setting a great morning routine of things you enjoy doing for yourself -ie 'your time' , it not only soothes the idea of waking up early but also it helps your body transition into the routine easier. For example, why not start the morning with a great stretch routine?

4.) Have a nice warm shower.

Once you master the step above, having a nice warm shower in the morning might seem like a workout just to GET to the shower but trust me - just push yourself through cause once the shower turns on and the water falls on you, it'll wake up you instantly. Not only that, it's a relaxing way to start you day. Hence making your mind and body prepare for what's ahead. 

5.) End your morning routine with a great breakfast.

Lastly, end it with a fantastic protein filled breakfast. The best way to start your digestion - yes is a glass of water and also a great breakfast. Going for cereal + milk may be quick but it will last probably about 2-3 hours before you get hungry again. Try going for something like scrambled eggs or toast with peanut butter or even oats + muesli and some fruits? Protein helps you feel full so by packing on the protein early in the day, it gives you that boost of energy throughout the morning till lunch. Plus , that will help reduce the act of snacking :) So kill 2 birds with 1 stone . 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There we go - those are the 5 tips/tricks I have to making your morning much more awake and motivated.

Let me know if you have any other tips or tricks that worked for you - I'd like to add on the list to try too . 

Take care and have a great day,
......
....
...
..
Oh btw, Happy Valentine's Day peeps ! Hope you have a day filled with love . <3 

G.


Comments