Self Help: Being in my 30s

 Hi all,

It has been a while. How are you? I'm good, I've been so busy with life that I found it hard to keep up with posting but I am back. I have been itching to come back for the last few months but been waiting to be in the right mental state to write this up. As you may now, I'm now in my 30s and yes, as everyone feels when we turn 30 - I too experienced society's pressure on being stable, financially secure, steady in my life, married and ready to start building a family. 

For me, when I turned 30 years old a few years ago, all of these expectations hit me at once. Instead of feeling 'excited', I felt stressed, dread and just down. Suddenly, I'm no longer excited of what the future holds, where I could travel to, the financial freedom I have etc. This is the main reason why I'd like to write this post. It's to share with you my point of view of turning 30 years old. I hope this article makes you have a different perspective to entering your 30s.

    

This is me entering my 30s :
  • - Learning about my taxes
  • - Finding a job I enjoy doing and can see myself doing for many years to come
  • -Learning how to save money 
  • -Learning how mortgages work
  • -Save up for a car and house
  • -Having to deal with annual insurance (home, car, life)
  • -Learning how to buy a house and manage it
  • - Having to manage weekly errands such as cleaning, buying groceries, laundry
  • -Managing my own health 
  • -Scheduling regular family meet ups as parents are getting older
  • -Making time to meet friends
  • -Learn how to be in a stable relationship
  • -The thought of getting married and settling down
  • -Thinking about having kids, thought of being pregnant and how your life will change after that
  • -Learning to manage work/life balance

I don't meant to rant/brag but going from my 20s where life was more simplistic, to being fully independent and responsible is a BIG change.
I wish being in school would prepare us for these changes but no, we ended up learning about gravity, additional maths (learning how to use a scientific calculator), electrons and atoms, the digestive system of animals, and literature. ðŸ˜„

Despite all these sudden responsibilities that we have after turning 30 years old, there are also some great things about this new stage of life.

The bright side of entering your 30s :
  • Financially independent - I can make my own decisions to what I want to buy ðŸ¤‘
  • Ability to travel 
  •  Become more mature in understanding and appreciating relationships
  • Freedom to live and make decisions
  • Ability to set goals and achieve them 
  • The importance of making time to take care of your health
  • Learning to take care of your body and mental health
At the end of the day, I've been telling myself that turning 30 is the start of a new phase in my life and I should see it as opening a new door. I remember when I was young, if you meet someone in their 30s, it's easy to class them as 'no longer relevant/old' but nowadays, I realized that people are living longer, and we have access to more fun and endless activities to a point that turning 30, means we now have more opportunities and access to try new things and create more memories.

That is what I've been appreciating since I turned 30 years old ie the new friendships, the new job, the new way of life etc. It has taken me a while to realized this but I am in the process of learning to appreciate the art of change and how it can bring a twist to a dull routine. 

I hope this post has made you reflect on either turning 30 years old or what life has been like since you've turned 30. 

What are your thoughts of turning 30 years old or being in your 30s? 
Let me know down below.

Have a wonderful day,
G.


Comments