Beauty: July 2024 Favourites

Welcome back to another post. Let's reflect on my July make up favourites. Finally, the weather is starting to get warmer and it actually feels like SUMMER. 

This month I have had more time to use dive into my make up collection and pick the ones I felt like using. Here are my favourites for July. 

 As you can see, this month's spread is very  much inspired by the Italian coast. I visited Cinque Terre at the end of June and was inspired by the bright, vibrant shades of summer. 

Eyeshadow of the month: Too Faced Italian Spritz Palette

I got this recently from The Cosmetic Company Store in Bicester Village. It's been on my radar since it came out but I could never spend £40 for an eyeshadow palette so I've been waiting for it to go on sale. I had to pick it up when I saw it in store. The packaging and the colours just screams summer to me. 

It is as good as it looks, let me tell you that. The matte and shimmer shades packs a punch. This palette is now my 2nd brightest palette. First is Huda Beauty Mercury Retrogade (last month's favourite). It smells like limoncello and the colour story just reminds me of a glass of aperol spritz.

The shade, Toasted in Tuscany is a great crease shade for me, I've been using that shade almost each time I use this palette to blend in the other shadows. You can then choose your preferred metallic shade on the day and it'll go with any colour combination you choose. 

If you haven't tried any of these Too Faced tin palettes, you definitely must. I would say, wait for them to go on sale but trust me, you won't be disappointed. 



This blush has been my go-to this month As you can see, I've made a dent in it. These Tarte blushes are so reliable. They are pigmented, blend easily and they last all day. For a powder blush, it's amazing quality! I have this shade, Exposed and also in Quirky. Definitely keen to get more shades once I've managed to use more of my other blushes first. 

I see why these blushes were very much the hype back in 2016-2018, it's a staple in everyone's blush collection. You don't even need the full size because the travel size will last you a good few years! I've had this blush for 2 years now and it's still going strong. I'm surprised with all the new blush launches out there today, this is still a strong contender. 

Single eyeshadow of the monthColourpop Supershock Eyeshadow in Twitterpatted

Another stunning Colourpop Supershock shadow this month. Last month, I was using the shade 'Set To Stun' constantly and this month, I find myself using this shade instead. It is mainly because I've been doing mostly warm tone looks. 

This is a great glitter topper shade, to add that peach sparkle onto any matte shadow. It can be worn on its own but the colour payoff isn't too great. It looks like a wash of shimmer/glitter. However, if you want to achieve that 'wet eye look', then this shade can achieve that. 

As you can see, I've hit pan on this shade and it's still a shade, I reach for because of it's versatility. 



Another inspired lipstick from my trip to Cinque Terre. Not only does the name reminds me of Italy but the colour is a lovely warm rose, perfect for a day/night time look. The best feature about this Bobbi Brown Crushed Lipstick is that it gives you this blurred velvet look upon first application. This can then be build up to give you more of a velvet matte lip colour. 

It is not drying at all and it lasts a good few hours. I have 3 shades in my collection (Italian Rose, Dark Chocolate and Brownie). I love them very much. I would say, among the 3 I have, the least preferred is Dark Chocolate simply because, it's too brown for everyday wear so I only use that if I'm going for a 90s brown look. 

Other than that, I love the packaging, the way it feels (there's a slight weight to it and the packaging looks sleek) and how the shade on the packaging reflects the colour on the inside. It is not a cheap lipstick to be fair, so I would advise to get only the shades you think you would wear regularly to make your money's worth OR when it's on sale. :) 

Lip Gloss of the monthMaybelline Lifter Gloss in Stone

This came out 2-3 years ago, it was just after the Tower 28 glosses hit the market. It's one of the first drug store release that got all the make up enthusiasts back into the drug store market. It's a thick opaque gloss that you can wear on its own or layered with a lipstick and it gives off a beautiful shine. It's so glossy but not sticky and it coats your lips well without feeling too oily or goopy. 

They do come in variety of shades and they seem to expand the range since it's been released. I have 2 shades (stone and silk) and I do like them however in recent months, I've used less of them because of it's scent. It has this sweet vanilla scent and taste that throws me off at times. Although I enjoyed the pay off, the taste and scent has affected my usage. This month, I've been using it more often to try and use them up. If you have tried this gloss out, let me know your thoughts about it. 

Other than that, these are my July favourites.
 Thanks for sticking around and I hope to see you in my next post,
G.





Comments