Beauty: August 2024 Favourites

Hi, welcome back to another post. It's time to review my August beauty favourites. August has gone so quick and before you know it, it's September. It was my birthday in August but other than that, it was pretty much a normal month of work/home/gym life. 

Due to this, I've been using more neutral eyeshadow looks for my day to day. Here are my favourite or most used August make up products. 


Brow product of the monthGlossier Boy Brow Gel

This has been a hyped up brow gel for the last few years. It's a clear brow gel with a small brush, allowing you to coat each strand of hair on your eyebrow and make it stay all day. I must say, it does do what it says it should. 

It holds my brow in place, it has a slight sticky formula so even towards the end of the day, when I touch my brow, I can feel some form of waxy texture on them. The only complaint I have is that, it's a small tube for £22. I previously used the Nyx Control Freak Eyebrow Gel and that worked well for me. That was a much bigger tube and it did last between 4-6 months. I'm not sure how long this tube will last me but we shall see. 

I will continue to enjoy using it while I have it but I am not so sure if I would repurchase it once I run out.


Eyeshadow palettes of the month: Nyx Full Throttle Quad in Daring Damsel & Nars Voyageur Eyeshadow Palette in Suede

This month, it's been these two eyeshadow palettes that I've been reaching for. As you can see, they are both nude/neutral shades. This month, I've been reaching for more practical looks for day to day, nothing to bright or dramatic. I like how the Nyx quad complements the Nars Eyeshadow Palette very well. 

I have created a neutral brown look, pink look or even a rose tone look using these two palettes and all of them turned out well. The only negative thing I can say is that, towards the end of the day, they all kind of blend into one and looks a bit patchy. This is in addition to using the Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer as a base. We are talking 8 hours later, after work. 

I believe these palettes came out a good 3-5 years ago, so the formula isn't as long lasting as the newer eyeshadows but if you want a good reliable eyeshadow palette to give you a wash of colour on your eyelids, then I would recommend these palettes. 



Another oldie but a goodie product, the Colourpop Supershock Highlighters. They were a staple in everyone's make up collection a few years ago. They are popular for their bouncy texture and how it has a cream to powder finish to give you this wet look glow on your cheekbones. 

Today, it is still in my collection and it has not dried up yet so I'm trying to make as much use as I can. I use my fingers to pat it on and it gives me this 'post-workout-glow'. I wouldn't say it's a natural glow because it is quite pigmented so you enjoy having that kind of look, then I would certainly recommend this product. 

I remember this product being as popular as the Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector Highlighter in Champagne Pop (remember when strobing highlighting was the thing...wow how times have changed!) and how highlighters were being released by every brand to give you that sculpted glow. I would advise to choose the right shade because at times, this shade (Flexitarian) becomes too cool for my skin tone and can make me look more washed out. This is when I turn to my alternative highlighter,  Maybelline Master Chrome Highlighter in Rose Gold which is a powder highlighter that is much more buildable. 


I never knew I could love a liquid lipstick considering I've tried various brands over the years and they all are either too thick/goopy, dry out my lips. This is the only formula I have been able to tolerate and love. The shade is 'Cupcake' and it's a perfect MLBB shade for me. It's not too brown/pink/orange, so it gives me a lovely nude lip look. 

It has a mousse-like texture, so it's very hydrating and it gives you this blurred look meaning, it does not sink in to the folds of your lips which most liquid lipstick do. The applicator is a good size, makes it easy to apply. The only negative I will say is that, it does not last as long as other liquid lipstick. I would have to reapply after eating/drinking. I was thinking of picking up more shades but the rest of the shades don't appeal to me so I'm happy to stick to this shade and will consider repurchasing this once I run out. 


I got this last year after it went on sale and I've been loving it this month. It gives you this bouncy moisturised look without the sticky feeling. It's very lightweight on your lips and the colour pay off is fantastic. 

Is it worth £18, meh.. I would say it's a great gloss but nowadays, there are so many different brands available which are just as good and shiny so it's hard to stay loyal to this brand for lip glosses. It layers really well on top of other lip product or you can even wear it on its own. I would give it 8/10. The thing that attracts me most to use this gloss compared to other glosses in my collection, is the shininess it gives and the lightweight feel. 

It gives you the Fenty glosses shine but with a more lightweight and smoother feeling on your lips. It's hard to describe it but I can see why it has become so popular. Cashew as a shade for me is a lighter nude. Unfortunately, they do not have any slightly dark shade or more mauve tone, otherwise I would consider getting another shade that suits me. The rest of the colours are either a darker brown shade or red/pink tones. Comparing this gloss to my Elf Lip Plumping Gloss in Praline, I would go for Praline any day due to the shade. 

I hope this post has given you more insight into these products. Otherwise, this is it for my August favourites, I can't wait to see what September brings!

 If you want to join me on my Ig, please feel free to do so by clicking on the 'Instagram' link on the left of this page and I shall see you in my next post,
G.



Comments